I have fallen back into some wretched habits.
Here is a list of pre-Covid habits:
- Do not bring laptop into bed
- Read a paperback book before bed
- Take a walk around the office building every day
- Join garden club at work and go every Tuesday
- Do not use Facebook at all
- Do not use Twitter at all
- Reddit use must be kept to a minimum (check it on weekends)
- Shop at the thrift store for books, shirts, kitchen stuff, etc (I still felt weird buying used pants….)
Was I strict on myself? Nah. I just set up some rules for myself to follow based on my past behavior. I wanted to optimize my life, so I booted certain things from my orbit. Sometimes I failed. Obviously rules are bent at times. I considered myself a ‘success’ if I followed these rules 80% of the time.
Post covid? Oh dear.
Here is a list of post covid habits:
- Laptop now comes into bed. The antics of the Cheers gang on Netflix lull my pandemic-weary mind to sleep.
- Paperback book? For months, the library was closed and I read books on an Ipad. My eyes are still burning from the hours of staring at a brightly lit screen at night. My melatonin is hesitant to return to normal. It thinks I am going to bust out the Ipad again. ‘You SWORE you wouldn’t stare at screens before bed, you SWORE!” Sorry, melatonin…
- Take a walk around the office building? What office building? The office has been closed since March!
- Alas, the garden club is on hiatus. We do not know when we will return to work. I really do miss the garden club most of all.
- Facebook has crept back into my life. I don’t USE it in the ‘traditional’ sense, but I have started checking local restaurants FB pages to check if they’re closed down forever due to Covid…And I’ve used it to check if the library will ever open again…And fun fun things like that!
- I’ve stayed off Twitter. I find it rather dull. Celebrities tweets don’t interest me. Usually I wind up loathing the celebrity after I read their tweets, and I don’t WANT to loathe some of my favorite actors and comedians. I chose to remain ignorant of their actual personality! LOL
- Reddit has set up shop in my internet house… I spend a lot of time on there now. The 2018 version of me would not be happy about that.
- The local thrift store was closed from March-last week, so no, I hadn’t done any thrift shopping. In fact I’ve barely purchased any new clothes so far. I’m just wearing all of the same clothes from last summer. ha.
Anyway, I have missed writing. This blog needs some freshening up. Bye for now, zero readers
julie ‘old enough to remember Napster’ Lastnamewithheld